Cold Weather Jacket (Bear Top), Fleece, Brown
These genuine U.S. Government Issue Cold Weather Jackets are amazingly warm and practical. Nicknamed the "Bear Shirt", they are used as mid-layer of for the Extended Cold Weather System (ECWCS - Pronounced "EK-Wax") and are the absolute state-of-the-art in cold weather clothing. Tested under combat conditions in some of the harshest climates on earth, ECWCS clothing provide longterm comfort across an extremely wide range of temperatures, from 40°F to -60°F. There is no better system for extended outdoor warmth and comfort.
These Jackets have the following features:
- Two expanding breast pockets with velcro-snap-flaps
- Two front insulated hand-warming pockets
- Black Nylon reinforced shoulders and underarms
- Convertible turtleneck collar
- High Quality YKK brand front zipper
- Layer 2 of the ECWCS
- Moisture wicking design, worn directly over underlayer
- Made to NATO specifications of 100% fleece by the Vanderbilt company
- These are designed as a close-fitting midlayer and run tight for their rated size.
Note: The Large runs smaller than most jackets, as they're designed to be a close-fitting midlayer.