USMC Improved Load Bearing Equipment (ILBE) Internal-Frame Rucksack
Condition: B & C (see detailed description below)
IMPORTANT: WE MAKE SURE THE BUCKLES FOR THE WAIST BELT AND SHOULDER STRAPS ARE INTACT AND WORK PERFECTLY FOR ALL CONDITIONS. OTHER BUCKLES MIGHT BE BROKEN FOR CONDITION B OR C.
Each pack purchase comes with a free 9 Piece Khaki Buckle Repair Set!
Designed by Arc'teryx, manufactured by Propper, these Improved Load Bearing Equipment (ILBE) Main Packs were first introduced in 2004 to replace the heavier MOLLE Packs for the US Marine Corps. Designed to carry a load of 120lbs but distribute it better than the MOLLE system, these packs feature an internal aluminum frame and much thicker more comfortable shoulder straps and kidney belts, as well as padding on the back and compression straps to keep the load more centered. Featuring the Digital Woodland Marine Patern (MARPAT) Camouflage, these packs also feature thick rubber tubing around the heavy-duty double zipper pulls, very easy to find by feel in the dark or grip with gloves on, and put zippers the full height of the pack on either side so you can reach into the bottom without removing everything above.
The buckle-on lid also sports an easy to access zipper-close pouch, and the main pack features two elastic-collar pouches on either side on the bottom, and tall pockets that run the full height for longer items like poles or tools, as well as buckle attachment points for the ILBE MARPAT Assault Packs. Pull the front snap closure to unroll the integreated Hydration Pouch pocket, which buckles in three places. Inside the huge bucket-design pack, there is a collapsible divider to allow separation of the upper and lower areas. Quick-release shoulder straps are height-adjustable, the whole system is one-size-fits-all, and features water resistant Cordura Nylon and ITW Nexux Fastex GhillieTex Infrared-Reduction (GT IRR) Polymer Buckles. These packs are rugged, very comfortable, and had an initial acquisition cost of over $700.
- Constructed of 720 Denier Cordura
- 4500 cubic inches of space
- Carries up to 120 lbs
- Top buckle-removable Lid with internal pocket
- Adjustable, heavily padded waist belt
- Collapsible hydration pack pocket on back
- Clastic collar pockets on bottom sides
- Tall pockets run height of pack on either side
- Top compression strap attaches across collar under lid
- Internal aluminum frame
- Buckles to attach patrol pack
- Height-adjustable shoulder straps with sternum strap
- Many compression straps on sides
- Heavy tube zipper pulls
- Dual-pull zippers on both sides run top to bottom
- Straps on lower part of pack to attach sleeping pad roll
- Collapsible "floor shelf"/divider in midpack
- Heavily padded quick release shoulder straps
- Heavy rubber-wrapped webbing handles on either side
- Pack Will Show Some Wear
- Might be Slightly Faded
- Might Have Broken Buckles
- Might Have Missing Zipper Pulls
- Might Have Very Small Holes
- Pack Will Show Heavy Wear
- Faded and Stained
- Might Have Broken Buckles
- Will Have Small Holes or Rips
- Missing Zipper Pulls
- Still Very Serviceable and Repairable
NOTE: Due to size and weight requirements, these packs are GROUND SHIP ONLY.